Ohio University Faculty
In the summer of 2016, Ohio
University announced that it would cease providing web
hosting for faculty as of the summer of 2017. This site was
created to provide a place for faculty to put their content;
it is not an Ohio University site. Then the
university reconsidered and decided it would continue to
provide hosting, but in a different form;
Web Page Hosting. This site remains as an alternative place for faculty to put their websites, and as a place to put faculty activities (seminars, texts, etc.) that do not have a home in the university's system.
Faculty Web Pages
- Neil W. Bernstein, Professor, Department of Classics and World Religions
- Gordon Brooks, Professor, Department of Educational Studies
- Tiao Chang, Professor, Department of Civil Engineering
- Surender Jain, Distinguished Professor (Emeritus), Department of Mathematics
- Winfried Just, Professor, Department of Mathematics
- Vardges Melkonian, Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics
- Martin J. Mohlenkamp, Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics
- David G Sharpe, Senior Lecturer, Department of English
- Todd Young, Professor, Department of Mathematics
Information for faculty users
- Accounts are available to Ohio University faculty by
emailing a request from
- Accounts are free. By default each is limited to 2GB but that can be raised.
If usage becomes high enough that we need
to purchase additional resources then the heaviest users will be
asked to contribute.
- Web pages hosted here are not Ohio University web pages and
should not pretend to be so. Do not use the university logo. You
may want to put a disclaimer like "This web page describes an
activity within the Department of X
at Ohio University, but is
not an official university web page."
- It is your responsibility to keep a copy of your files on
your own computer in case something goes wrong with this
site. You should expect that at some point your
account will be broken into and need to be wiped out and
- Everything you post here is publicly available. Do not post any student information restricted under FERPA.
- Create your files on your own computer and then upload them
here. Use an ftp client such
as FileZilla. For
the fictitious user
socrates, the settings are:
Note that the user name includes
- Type of connection:
ftp (not sftp, ftps,
- Password: (will be told to you)
@ohiouniversityfaculty.com. The uploaded files will appear at
- Do not do anything bad on this site. If you notice anything bad on this site, notify me.
Last modified: Thu Jun 20 17:08:14 UTC 2019